Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Windows Issues This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Internet Explorer ActiveX Problems View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 5 of 5   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5   

Eddie Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01-21-2005 11:10 PM    Post subject: Same
I have the same problem as the person above. SCCbase doesnt exist. What should I do?

Gilles Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01-23-2005 03:17 AM    Post subject: ActiveX problem solved! a million thanks!
wow, this place is amazing, i contacted microsoft and they gave me tons of suggestions to fix my ActiveX problem nothing worked, then I read about regsvr32 softpub.dll

did, it, and it worked,
A million thanks,
Gilles

The Tech Group Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01-31-2005 07:40 PM    Post subject: Meex and Eddie
Either of you running zone alarm. I think that the sccbase.dll file is associated with zone alarm..

Not sure why you are getting this error when unregistering the .DLL 's..

Dcompton Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-03-2005 11:14 PM    Post subject: ActiveX issue; OFFLINE
So, I recently had a virus on my computer, purged it. It's gone from my system, but one of it's effects remain. I can access all internet sites through IE ver. 6.0, but whenever i try to access a folder on my harddrive, i get the following message:

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."

and the page proceeds to come up blank.

I've changed all the IE security settings dealing with ActiveX, and i still cant get it to work. Any have any ideas on a fix for this?

Amy Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 01:07 AM    Post subject: ActiveX problems OFFLINE
I have the same problem! I have done everything on this site any my internet s working fine, but I cant see any of my files oo my computer. I have searched and searched but cant find any info on how to fix this. help me please!!!!

Confuser Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:25 PM    Post subject: The some, old....
Hi,
We expierancing the same problem. We are using an application which uses ActivX viewer as part of displaying a file for printing. Two of computer in our LAN automatilcy downloads the ActiveX viewer and displays the file, but the one i am writing aobut, will not work(i can see that it did not download ActiveXview program by going under Internet Options/General tab/Settings/veiw Objects). So, it can not be the Proxy server or firewall. Also i run all of the comands mention by techGroup. No change, besides, I do not see the warning message(information bar) on top any more, but it still blocks and does not allow to download. I also tried Moxilla in place of IE and no success. So, it is not a browser as well. This computer is running XP SP2. Version of IE is 6.0.29 Update Verson:;SP2. After trying all of this thing ,we also changed the security level,changed the profile, but still it is not working.
Any more ideas?
Margots.

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:26 PM    Post subject: Date and Time
Somethan off topic but dealing with activeX issues...

Check your time and date on your local pc... Some instances of activeX apps may not allow u to connect...

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:35 PM    Post subject: Amy
Can you be more specific. Your are trying to acces some files,httml,or websites that you saved on your pc using EI?

Has for the others using XP SP2, there are many issues with this release. Hence has been removed from my pc's until further improvements...

Gonz Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:41 PM    Post subject: activex controls
more of the same problems. i can't use windows search, outlook, IE6, cant change the appearance of the screen, i dont have my programs listed in the start program, etc. When I change the internet security setting as suggested, they don't stick. i've tried the regsvr32 procedures and i'm only accessing the internet throught netscape. any other fixes you can up with?

Jon Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-13-2005 12:01 PM    Post subject: ActiveX
ok

tech team first of all thank you for the help that u have already treid to give but i am having the problem with activex and i cant get rid of it, i tried what u guys suggested above, but nothing seems to get rid of it. Whatever it is i have i can tell u how i got it, i was on AOL Instant Messenger and on one of my buddies away messages it was this link syaing check out these pics from the beach, so im like alright w.e. Then it said i had to download something, so i thought to myself, its a new computer ur gunna have to do it sometime. so i did, BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE, it now will not let me view many things because of this so called activeX problem but also many sites i go to say that my computer is not sending out cookies, so not only was i fucked, i was ROYALLY fucked. Another effect was that i am unable to acess nortons. If u have ne ideas please help me.

I AM DESPERATE

CG Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-15-2005 02:01 AM    Post subject:
I'm getting the same problem. I had an AIM virus, which (I think) has been cleared. But now Windows Explorer, My Computer, My Documents, etc., all display the ActiveX error, exactly how Hondan described it above.

I checked the registry for those problematic registry entries and the only one I found there was NoDriveTypeAutoRun under \Policies\Explorer\ I didn't even have a \Policies\System\ section. I'm on Win2000.

I tried looking at the default actions for the File Folders. None of the solutions in that post directed at Hondan helped. If I look at the Advanced properties of the File Folder type and look under Actions, I get these:

find
VirusScan
Winamp.Bookmark
Winamp.Enqueue
Winamp.Play

That's it. Help!

gonz Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-15-2005 02:11 PM    Post subject: activex problems
< more of the same problems. i can't use windows search, outlook, IE6, cant change the appearance of the screen, i dont have my programs listed in the start program, etc. When I change the internet security setting as suggested, they don't stick. i've tried the regsvr32 procedures and i'm only accessing the internet throught netscape. any other fixes you can up with? >

I forgot to mention, I am running winxp professional. I had run avg virus software and ad-aware spyware remover. Could one of these have deleted some of the activex files?

ravengoth Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-15-2005 05:42 PM    Post subject: big hugs to melissa
My puter has been plagued with a weird strain of VX2 that rendered my activeX useless. I threw some words in google and found your post from last spring about typing magic words in the run box and NOW I can use my gmail!! I LOVE YOU!! I was going crazy with this problem. I still have the @#$% VX2, and now my start menu doesn't work right, but maybe I can d/l some new patches from microsoft now!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Bill Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-15-2005 11:14 PM    Post subject: Norton and the Active X Warning
I am having a simliar problem with this ActiveX deal...with a warning that comes up from Norton saying...

Your Current security settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this Page. As a result the page may not display correctly.

I am fixing a friend's computer - she got a virus via AOL Instant Messenger and I ran the free download at http://www.jayloden.com/VirusClean.htm to get rid of it and that worked - and did all of the Windows Updates including SP2 but I think the virus also changed some of her ActiveX settings and so now, Norton is fighting Windows Firewall for control and it comes up with a box as seen on here at Norton's site http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004070812114713?Open&src=con_web_eu&docid=2004070814522613&nsf=sharedtech.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl= where I can tell Norton to override Windows, but Norton's sofware is using whatever ActiveX controller that this virus disabled because I click OK on the Norton Warning and nothing happens. Also, her Norton Internet Security control window does not look right since ActiveX is not functioning properly. I did the regsvr32 softpub.dll, restarted and reinstalled those other .dll's and it still does not work. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

THE TECH GROUP Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-28-2005 12:59 PM    Post subject: GONZ
Have you tried to repair IE?
goto> add remove programs
goto> select IE
goto> select remove
goto> select the repair button.

Some questions?

when you click on IE or OE, what happens?
nothing?
the screen pops in and out?
can you check the processes to see if its actually running when u clicked on it?

I just need some more info..

CYA

PostPosted: 02-28-2005 03:16 PM    Post subject: Aim Picture.pif (Activex errors)
It seems that this has hit a lot of people...

Iam gathering info now on this, but here some things that you might want to check out.

To enable its automatic execution at every system startup, this worm creates the following registry entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
MsVBdl = "C:\Windows\MsVBdll.pif"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\
MsVBdl = "C:\Windows\MsVBdll.pif"

It also drops a copy of itself in the Windows startup folder as the file MSVBDLL.EXE.

Other Registry Modifications

This worm creates the following registry entries to disable firewall and antivirus applications, as well as the Windows Update and Registry Editor tools:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\security center
FirewallDisableNotify = "dword:00000001"
UpdatesDisableNotify = "dword:00000001"
AntiVirusDisableNotify = "dword:00000001"

Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
DisableTaskMgr = "dword:00000001"
DisableRegistryTools = "dword:00000001"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\security center
FirewallDisableNotify = "dword:00000001"
UpdatesDisableNotify = "dword:00000001"
AntiVirusDisableNotify = "dword:00000001"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\
Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
NoAutoUpdate = "dword:00000001"

This worm may attempt to create the following registry entry:

Internet Explorer\Main
NotifyDownloadComplete = "yes"

It may also attempt to delete the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\
windows = "auto update.exe"

Will update when I get more info....

CYA

PostPosted: 02-28-2005 03:25 PM    Post subject:
One other dll I forgot to put in the list for some users in my previous post some time back.
>run
>regsvr32 msxml3.dll

CheesyPeteza Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01-25-2006 01:18 AM    Post subject:
Hi, I know this is an old post, but it was one of the first to come up on google when I was searching for solutions to my activex downloading problem. i.e. not being able to use web pages with activex and not even receiving the information bar telling me I needed to install the activex plugin.

Anyway all the solutions above didn't work for me. Sad But I found the solution eventually, so I thought I should come back and share it with any other googlers who turn up here.

The fix is detailed here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/olereg.htm

Copy & Paste from that page:
Symptoms

* When you open the User Accounts applet in the Control Panel, you may receive the following error message:

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment

* System Restore window is completely blank.
* Windows Update page displays the following message even though the ActiveX control is already installed. Also, the Information bar does not appear, thus you're unable to re-install the Windows Update ActiveX control.

Install the ActiveX control required to view the website

* Help and Support pages are incomplete.
* System Information utility (MSINFO32) displays a blank window.
* When you open Services.msc snap-in, the following error is displayed:

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\mmcndmgr.dll/views.htm

* Organize Favorites dialog displays a Red X in Internet Explorer. (More info)

Resolution

This occurs due to missing OLE32 registration. You may use the following VBScript to correct the above problems. Download olereg.vbs and run the file.

Related links

MS05-052: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

Here's the contents of olereg.vbs incase the above URL vanishes:
Code:
'--------------------------------------------------------------------
'Applies To   : Microsoft Windows XP
'Author       : Ramesh Srinivasan - Microsoft MVP, Windows XP
'Created on   : November 13, 2005
'Description  : Fixes the OLE registration and other issues
'Homepage     : http://windowsxp.mvps.org
'More Info    : http://windowsxp.mvps.org/olereg.htm
'Requirement  : Needs Administrative privileges in Windows XP
'-----------------------------------------------------------------

Option Explicit
Dim BaseKey, WshShell
Set WshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
BaseKey = "HKCR\CLSID\{0000031A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\"

On Error resume Next

WshShell.RegWrite BaseKey, "ClassMoniker", "REG_SZ"
WshShell.RegWrite BaseKey & "InprocServer32\", "ole32.dll", "REG_SZ"
WshShell.RegWrite BaseKey & "ProgID\", "clsid", "REG_SZ"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCR\CLSID\CLSID\", "{0000031A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}", "REG_SZ"
WshShell.RUN ("regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll /i /s")
Wshshell.RUN ("regsvr32.exe jscript.dll /s")
Wshshell.RUN ("regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll /s")
Wshshell.RUN ("regsvr32.exe ole32.dll /s")

MsgUser = Msgbox ("OLE registration fix completed", 4160, "OLE registration fix")
Set WshShell = Nothing

Hope tihs works for you.

Cheesy Peteza
--------------------

Internet Explorer ActiveX Problems View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 5 of 5   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5