Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Windows Issues This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
help to delete 123found.com homepage View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

vin Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-06-2004 03:10 AM    Post subject: help to delete 123found.com homepage
hi,
123found.com has forcibly become my homepage. i change it,clear history, removed autocomplete in personal information but when i switch off PC and on again, it is back.
can anyone write all steps to delete it?
thanks.
cheers.

Sean Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-13-2004 08:49 AM    Post subject:
Its simple, on the 123found homepage click help at the bottom. here there is a tool which removes coolwebsearch and allow you to enter a new homepage.

dave Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-19-2004 04:42 AM    Post subject: 123found
I've done this (uninstalling using the help link) but it keeps coming back.

Any other ideas - Norton and McAfee have no reference to this problem on their sites.

dave

wass Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-21-2004 03:32 PM    Post subject:
Tools>Internet Options> Programs>Reset Web Settings

mark Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-23-2004 10:40 AM    Post subject: 123found
download ad aware 6 from downloads.com
it worked for me!!

rtbalboa Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-04-2005 12:27 PM    Post subject:
unfortunately, this means you have a hijacker software affecting your browser. resetting internet options won't get rid of it. you need to use anti-spyware or anti-virus program to delete it. Smile

Chris Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-04-2005 02:17 PM    Post subject:
You may want to try one of these on for size. I've been very impressed with the performance of all three. Good Luck Smile

Microsoft Anti-Spyware
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D

I werk Here
-:[Chris]:-

joe15003 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-04-2005 08:25 PM    Post subject:
yeah adware and spybot are the best to use...try the website www.fixmy.net

Reverend Balor Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-05-2005 01:21 PM    Post subject:
If non of those work . what you might want to do is download and save HJT from
http://www.unitethecows.com/software/HijackThis.exe
save a log file. and post it up here.. then we might be able to see whats going on with your system. but if spybot and adaware work for you. Dont download this program.
Just let us know.

Webmaster Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-05-2005 03:04 PM    Post subject:
For those of you who have never seen it, make sure to take a look at the tool located at http://www.hijackthis.de It is a log reader for hijack this and it is VERY cool.

Chris Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 09:11 AM    Post subject:
For people who aren't all-too-familiar with HiJackThis, it can do some damage if you're not careful.

A lot of people I've come across in various forums seem to come for help after they've taken their whole hijackthis list and deleted every item on it.

I'd recommend getting your list and relaying it to some people who are more familiar.....copy and paste Wink

I werk Here
-:[Chris]:-

Webmaster Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 09:34 AM    Post subject:
That's what hijackthis.de is for Wink It tells you what is safe, unsafe, and unknown.

CannonBall Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-08-2005 08:31 PM    Post subject: hijack
Hi , the base problem are registry , try to veryfy if you have any key in there that init the input homepage , or using a registry cleanup base program

CannonBall

mich2212001 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-27-2005 08:40 PM    Post subject: here what you need to do!!!
you need to do this and do not do anything in the registery. access your Documents and Settings\katy\Application ... SO uninstall Limewire, and post a new log. if that doesn't not work email me

Murr Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-20-2005 08:13 AM    Post subject:
a pretty decent online scan is www.spywareguide.com. it has an online scanner which searches for all the spyware it has in its database alphabetically, informing you of what it finds and then removing it. im not sure how often it gets updated though. Spyware and such often hide away in your system registry and antivirus programs seldom get rid of them. Namely rogue diallers, they are notoriously difficult to get rid of. If you feel confident with the registry you can try and remove it yourself but if not i would advise take it in to somewhere that wont scam you out of too much cash and have them remove it for you.

help to delete 123found.com homepage View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1