Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » General Modem Help This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
modem slow speeds View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

cmomm44 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-25-2005 03:56 PM    Post subject: modem slow speeds
what brand modem do I have and where can I checkup on the latest drivers? (PCI SoftV92 Data Fax Smart CP) is the info I have from computer--slow connections, 99% of time is 26400bps with low 20's download and upload speeds--never went over 30,000---thanks Question

Webmaster Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02-25-2005 05:25 PM    Post subject:
It is more likely due to phone line coniditions than drivers. Is your computer a name brand? If so, what is the model #?

Chris Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-02-2005 10:57 AM    Post subject:
cmomm wrote:
what brand modem do I have and where can I checkup on the latest drivers?

If you're on a windows machine...You can check what type of modem you have and update the drivers from the Modem Control Panel.

• Navigate to your Control Panel from the Start Menu.
  • Choose 'Modem' or 'Phone and Modem Options'
  • From here you can add/remove/view your modem's specifics.

If you would like to check to make sure your drivers are updated you can do so from the modem properties under the Drivers tab.

I agree with Webmaster, though. There are a few modem/PC tweaks you can do but I would more suspect the line quality.

I werk Here
-:[Chris]:-

jennifer424 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 02:05 AM    Post subject: Line noise test.
You may want to set yourself up for a line noise test. Has anyone that lives close to you put up an electric fence? You can also contact your phone company and have them run a data test over the phone. You'll be able to see from that if the lines in your area are capable of a fast internet connection.

joe15003 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-07-2005 11:42 AM    Post subject:
that is a good idea...but line noise comes from more crazy things than an electric fence...we have had rats get into boxes and cause some line noise

jennifer424 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-08-2005 11:46 AM    Post subject:
We have had people that have called in at our call center that lived next to electrical fences and such, we are out in the country. I always seen in my experience if you are near high electrical appliances and such that it could cause interference in your telephone lines. I've seen it where I live. Just wanted to throw out some unknown possibilities hehe.

angelskysc Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-10-2005 11:50 AM    Post subject: comm
i have the same modem and same problem i just updated the modem driver, it made a big difference i was connecting st 31 and 33 now i am connecting at 40 and 42, thanks for the tip

modem slow speeds View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1