Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » General Modem Help This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
?Connection Dropout? View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

spidergod Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-11-2005 02:32 PM    Post subject: ?Connection Dropout?
I have a compaq presario 5000 series running windows 98, it's old but still functioning. My problem is at various times my connection drops out. Basically the little monitor icons quit flashing. I dont get disconnected from my isp but the "pipes" stop talking to each other. I think im running a HSP56 Micro Modem. I have ran all the searches for spyware and a virus and those have all been taken care of, i also have the most recent drivers to. Any help is appreciated and if you need any aditonal info just post and i will answer. Thanks.

joe15003 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-11-2005 09:11 PM    Post subject:
what kind of connection do you have

PostPosted: 03-13-2005 02:04 PM    Post subject: my bad
Sorry I left out this important info but I am running a 56k connection. Thanks again

jennifer424 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 09:53 AM    Post subject:
Spider,

I used to have a Compaq win98 computer, it ran great for over five years. You may want to try running a line noise test. Also, you could try putting in a string for your modem. If you have done all this, the thing that you will want to do is more than likely uninstall and reinstall your dialup networking because the dialup adapter could be corrupt.

Do you have call waiting? If so you may want to disable the call waiting before you dialup to prevent the line noise that is created when the beeps come through.

To add the string, n0s37=12 do the following:

1) Start, Settings, Control Panel, Modems
2) Select your modem, press properties.
3) Click the "Connections" tab, press the "Advanced" button.
4) In "Extra Settings" type in, n0s37=12
5) Press "Ok" twice, then close out of your modem control panel.
6) Restart your computer.

Try connecting, if it doesn' t work simply follow the same directions and delete the string and restart the computer.

~ Jennifer

PostPosted: 03-17-2005 10:57 AM    Post subject: Jenn
Jenn thank you so much for your post and being so nice and helpful!!
Thanks again

jennifer424 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-17-2005 12:36 PM    Post subject:
You are welcome Spider. It comes from doing customer service for such a long time. I realize that things I may not know about, if I go to another person and they are understanding and respectful to me that I will get help that I need.

~ Jennifer

?Connection Dropout? View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1