Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Windows Issues This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
error 651!!! help what is it and how do i fix it View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

chris Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-25-2004 09:22 AM    Post subject: error 651!!! help what is it and how do i fix it
HELP!! every minute or so my pc posts a message saying "error 651: the modem has reported an error. what is wrong and how do i fix it. Do i need a new modem?

Zeke Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-25-2004 10:16 AM    Post subject:
Error 651 is gay. It explains nothing. What kind of modem/connection you got? And have you tried a powercycle?

kalidindi_k Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-23-2005 01:58 AM    Post subject: Re: error 651!!!
Hi,

its just the modem configuration problem.Don't panic.Just check this link given and i am sure you will be able to do it yourself.

http://www.monster-isp.com/dun_error/error_651.htm

if not resolved,mention your operating system and modem type.lets try it again.

bye
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

p0iNg Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-26-2005 01:38 PM    Post subject: Re: error 651!!! help what is it and how do i fix it
well I've been able to overcome that error (with octal ICEDATA 500) just by filling in the field "Phone Number" in the DUN ... usually when that error ocorres no phone number has been entered.... easy 2 resolve Twisted Evil

cyglenn Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-16-2005 10:46 AM    Post subject:
I am getting an error 651 when trying to connect to a vpn on a wireless connection. Can someone explain this.

glenwille Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-20-2005 09:50 AM    Post subject:
Hi

U didnt mention what kind of VPN are you using. I mean are you using a software that permits so or are you using a Microsoft Windows VPN? Are you trying to VPN Direct or indirect? I mean to say are you making an VPN to the ISP´s server or are you making an VPN after you get connected? Please let us know in details and after that only we shall be able to solve your problem. As you didnt mention in the begining that you were trying a VPN. if you let us know in details it becomes easier to troubleshoot the problem.

Glen
Smile

tmhoogland Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-16-2005 11:39 AM    Post subject: Possible Resolution for VPN 651 error with XPsp2
I could not connect to my work's VPN (with wireless connection and WinXP SP2) when using the PPTP protocol. Firewalls did not cause this problem as opening up the right port 1723 did not resolve the issue. However, after installing a hotfix from the Microsoft website, I was able to connect without problems.

A description of the problem can be found at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
The actual fix (I believe it is a registry update) can be found at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17D997D2-5034-4BBB-B74D-AD8430A1F7C8&displaylang=en

dattebayo_xtian Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-16-2007 07:20 PM    Post subject: error 651
reset your tcp/ip Shocked

error 651!!! help what is it and how do i fix it View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1