Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Webmaster Announcements and Forum Discussion This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
You can appear in hackin9: What routers do you use? View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

Webmaster Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-04-2007 09:44 AM    Post subject: You can appear in hackin9: What routers do you use?
I have been approached by a writer for hakin9 IT security magazine to pose the following questions to the users of ModemHelp.net. Your opinions may be featured in an article for the magazine as well as getting Forums.ModemHelp.Net mentioned! If you have a moment, please answer the following questions about any routers that you may have experience with.

1) Why have you / your company chosen this Router?
2) Have you used any other routers? What kind of router did you use before
and why did you decide to change it?
3) What other routers have you considered and why you haven't bought these
ones after all?
4) How is the router working with your computer? Does it meet your
expectations? What are the good and the weak points?
5) Did you have any breakdowns, problems, hang - ups? What was the reason?
6) Can you mark type of your router from 1 to 5?
7) Final conclusions, general impressions? Would you recommend it to other
users /companies?

About hakin9
-------------------------
hakin9 is a monthly magazine covering questions of breaking into computer
systems as well as defense and protection methods, the latest security tools
and events.
hackin9 is published in 7 languages in about 20 countries! They have great readership in Europe and in September they will be hitting the US (available at Barnes&Noble) and Australia, soon to be followed by England & South Africa.

Thank you to all who can help!

hanabi Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-10-2007 03:04 AM    Post subject:
Hey Guys why are You so silent? please try to give Your opinions about your routers it's not a big thing for You i suppose.. As Webmaster has mentioned, they will appear in upcoming issue of hakin9.
regards

Piotr Musiał

www.hakin9.org/en

Oracle Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-26-2007 10:32 AM    Post subject: Re: You can appear in hackin9: What routers do you use?
Guys, My answers are nothing to do with my Job now.

1) Why have you / your company chosen this Router? -- My cousins are using Linksys Routers
2) Have you used any other routers? What kind of router did you use before - Yeah we used Dlink before we purchased Linksys we decided to change it cause Linksys is cheaper than Dlink
and why did you decide to change it?
ones after all? I suggested to buy Netgear but its too expensive.
expectations? What are the good and the weak points? -- So far so good
5) Did you have any breakdowns, problems, hang - ups? What was the reason? - at at this moment we just used it for month.
6) Can you mark type of your router from 1 to 5? 3.5
users /companies? - Linksys well its cheaper and its easy to use the user is nice and user friendly

swapnilnarendra Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-10-2007 01:59 PM    Post subject:
1) Why have you / your company chosen this Router?
A - Usin LINKSYS, usin this one as this is USER FRIENDLY and i like this one.

2) Have you used any other routers? What kind of router did you use before and why did you decide to change it?
A - Have used DLink, Netgear and US Robotics as well....changed them to lookin for an easy to configure...and use GUI.

ones after all? I suggested to buy Netgear but its too expensive.

A - Have used the ones i mentioned but found only LINKSYS and NETGEAR the best.
But NETGEAR is costly and a bit complicated than LINKSYS.

expectations? What are the good and the weak points? -- So far so good.

A - LINKSYS is workin gr8 there is only one problem whenever i need to configure the GUI to change the PPPOE mode....I need to restart or DISCONNCT and then CONNCT again to work it out, while in NETGEAR it was like a snap...no need to do all this crap after changin the connctn type.

5) Did you have any breakdowns, problems, hang - ups? What was the reason?

A - No problems yet....

6) Can you mark type of your router from 1 to 5?
A - 4.0

users /companies?

A - Will recommend LINKSYS only to those co. who have got some small scal business or if u have some big scal business, i wud suggest NETGEAR.

You can appear in hackin9: What routers do you use? View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1