Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Windows Issues This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Internet Explorer ActiveX Problems View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 3 of 5   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next   

knowledge is power Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-22-2004 06:27 PM    Post subject:
sounds like u got a worm or alot of spyware problems try running the program adaware...

Carla Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-22-2004 09:33 PM    Post subject:
I have run my anti-virus (AVG) and it found nothing. Spybot also found nothing. I tried to use housecall.antivirus.com but it won't work in firefox without a plug-in (I've never been able to get the plug-in to work.)

brian Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-25-2004 02:41 AM    Post subject: Found answer to my problem
Go and download Spyware doctor 2.0 from here http://www.download.com/Spyware-Doctor/3000-8022-10293213.html
after you install it, run the program. Click on onguard, and then click immunize now. It fixed all Active X problems that I had been having. Also, go to start scan, and scan your computer for any spyware you may have. After its done scanning, select check all, and then click quarantine and then remove. This is one of the best programs you can get to rid yourself of spyware, dont use Spybot or any of those crappy programs.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Jason Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-27-2004 05:40 AM    Post subject:
No, it didn't help.

Bill Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-29-2004 03:49 PM    Post subject: Axtive X problem
I don't know if this is the same problem but I have been trying to fix for 6 months. Certain sites do not owrk on my PC. They used to. All I get is the little collored box in the corner. I have changed all the settings and run all the little trick on here.
Any more ideas???
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

The Tech Group Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-03-2004 02:33 PM    Post subject:
Bill we need a little more info on your problem.
OS?
IE ver?

What do you mean by a blue box? Is it your internet explorer box or somethan else? What does the box look like? Any text or graphic?

Minok Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-03-2004 03:32 PM    Post subject: The problem is not the meaning but the message...
I get the same message "Your current security settings prohibit...".

Thats fine. I know that because THATS THE WAY I SET UP IE - I don't want activex crap running form a website.

The problem is - I set it up that way and know it. Ok, warn me once and then allow me to TURN THE FRIGGEN WARNING MESSAGE OFF!

Forcing users to 'downgrade security' on a browser or 'trust the website' just to be able to see it is idiotic. If I could, I'd be with Mozilla in a heart-beat. Unfortunately, corporate policy probably prevents this.

Does anyone have a hack to disable the error message dialogue box from showing so we can just operate in that 'no activex restricted mode' without having to be reminded at every reload that 'thats how we set up our security'?

Francisco Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-15-2004 07:47 PM    Post subject: Spybot Search & Destroy
Guys,

Did you imunize your system with spybot????

Just undo that and your problems will be solved.

Hope this help

Lysol Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-16-2004 09:00 PM    Post subject: ACTIVE X
Tech Group was right on the money. Follow this and it works every time. Whether you have modem or broadband thank you so much tech group.

Graeme Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09-05-2004 11:49 PM    Post subject: YES
THANK YOU TECH GUYS. Holy crap, I researched for hours, ran virus scans, ran spyware remover programs, and messed with security settings for HOURS. Then I read the Tech Guys solution, where you go into the command prompt (cmd) and type in the list of commands, reboot, then type in the second list of commands. IT WORKS. I can now use MSN Messenger, log into my hotmail account, and do many other things that I couldn't do. Thank you so much.

Hollyecho Montgomery Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09-10-2004 11:57 AM    Post subject: I get this error just pushing 'F1' on notepad
I have tried everything suggested so far in this forum. Everything. I still get "Your Current security settings prohibit running Active X Controls on this page. As a result this page may not display correctly" when simply hitting 'F1' on notepad. Nothing seems to make it go away. Though, nothing doesn't work (like flash, or anything on any page) -it is just a pain in the butt to go anywhere, do anything and have this pop up. F1, dreamweaver preview, ect. I have read and done everything suggested, even download the SP2 pack for winxp peo. Still open notepad -push F1 and - boom - same dumb message.

Any other suggestions?

Hollyecho Montgomery
www.hollyecho.com

ELNK_gen Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09-11-2004 08:19 PM    Post subject: Internet Explorer ActiveX Problems
Since you're running windows XP, the last options that you can try is to repair it. You should have the Windows XP cd that came with your computer.. And it will be better if you'll gonna ask for help from the tech support of your computer. If repair will not help, then you might have to completely reformat the harddrive.

~ gen

Ultimahatty Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09-30-2004 05:32 PM    Post subject: Windows ME
My computer wont open, start menu won't open. internet explorer won't open. firefox is workign fine though. its an active x problem, triggered by a virus or worm or something that i got. does anyone have a solution for windows ME? changing the security/privacy in IE wont work, the page is blank

charaf Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-05-2004 01:14 PM    Post subject: ActiveX
Try this :
Start Internet Explorer.
Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Security tab.
Click Trusted Sites, and then click Sites.
Clear the require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
Make sure that the following URLs are listed in the Web Sites box:
http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://*.windowsupdate.com

Dominic Irwin Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-09-2004 02:41 AM    Post subject: Problem with adobe activex control
This is driving me crazy. When trying to open a pdf file it won't open. I'm running win xp with the sp2 internet explorer update. I go to manage my add ons and it tells me the adobe activex control is disabled and is controlled by the administrator when my account has administrative rights, but I can't click it to enable. I switch to my fiance's account and she can access pdf files just fine. Anyone know why I can't and her account can?

Thanks.

Blaine Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-14-2004 10:13 PM    Post subject: No way to modify spybot settings
There is no option to un-immunize your system using spybot. You can only run it or unintall it. I tried that and it did not help

Blaine Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-14-2004 10:18 PM    Post subject: No repair option on XP
I can't access the repair option on XP. Since I have installed the service pack 2 I would have to download it all over if I tried to reinstall windows XP

Blaine Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-14-2004 10:38 PM    Post subject: ActiveX Blues
I first noticed this problem
when I tried to use the prize machine one IWONafter intalling DSL.

I click on the prize machine link and then I get:

1.Click the yellow bar above to continue. (But there is no yellow bar

2Select Install activeXControl From the drop down menu (but there is no drop down menu)

Don't see a yellow bar?

You are seeing this page because
you did not click "Yes" on the
Security Warning.

(The Security Warning appears
before you download any
software on the Internet.)

Try Again

drkrthgddss Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-16-2004 05:37 PM    Post subject: actx controls problem windows update
okay i think i fixed my updates after i did it did this we sorry and then Error number: 0x800B0001
please help if possible

The Tech Group Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-25-2004 05:05 PM    Post subject: Dominic Irwin (Adobe Activex)
Dominic, you still having problems with adobe?

You might want to just bypass the plug-in.

Just set adobe to run the pdf and not using the plug-in.

If this doesn't work out for you. I can research this somewhat further, but it might be somethan in the registry not accepting those type ActiveX controls that are marked as unsafe for initialization (UFI).

CYA

Internet Explorer ActiveX Problems View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 3 of 5   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next