Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Windows Issues This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0E View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

Sterling Holobyte Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06-22-2004 12:50 PM    Post subject: Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0E
Ok, so now among my other time-out problems(see last posting for "Outlook Express: 0x800ccc19" on this board)I'm getting this error 0x800CCC0E when I even try to get into Outlook Express. Does anyone know what this error means?
It still brings up the OE screen and I can get into the other folders, it just won't connect to receive mail.

This latest error started popping up when I unchecked the Remember Password box. So then I'll put in the password and the '0E' error will come up.

I should note that I don't have Norton or Mcafee Antivirus(as I read on the other OE error thread that it may be a cause), but I do have Norton Firewall, which I have tried disabling and then bring up OE, but no luck. I have also tried disabling the antivirus I DO have(AVG), but that didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MoonRaider Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:18 PM    Post subject:
Fix:

1. Can you get webpages? If so you may have the wrong mailserver typed in your account or the server may be down.

2. If you cannot get webpages hangup and try connecting again.

3. Reboot your computer and try again.

4. Still not working? Still not getting webpages? If so, treat as a normal "Not Moving Data" issue. (Check your DNS numbers, rip and reinstall TCP/IP, etc..)

http://www.modemhelp.net/oeerrors/oe_error_0x800ccc0e.shtml

U Can Find Me The Dark Side Of The Moon

chris6942 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 03:39 PM    Post subject:
this is usually caused by my experience by either changed settings, mail server issues, or invalid accounts hanging out when they should be deleted. I'd say delete and recreate the mail account, ensuring you enter the servers correctly, (sometimes entering servers by IP helps), or even creating a new identity and trying a new account. Also may want to check into any third party anti-spam/filtering software beyond firewalls or Antivirus.

Let us know.

kalidindi_k Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-23-2005 01:38 AM    Post subject: Re: Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0E
Hi,
The error describes that there is an smtp address failure.try reconfiguring your outlook express .Or you can reinstall Outlook express.Run SFC /SCANNOW from start,run window.(If XP).
if not resolved,tell me ,i will send you a link which will automatically reinstall outlook express for you.
thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kalidindi_k Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-23-2005 01:48 AM    Post subject: Re: Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0E
Hi,

If this does not resolve the problem in windows XP try resetting the TCP/IP stack, by:

Clicking on Start then Run then type in cmd
On the screen which opens, type in netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
If you're still having problems, it could be that Outlook Express is itself corrupt. Microsoft's Instructions on how to delete it and reinstall it.

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

striker Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-10-2005 04:12 PM    Post subject:
or you can try to telnet the servers to check... could be a software issue.

lamda Reply with quote

PostPosted: 11-23-2005 01:38 AM    Post subject:
Users are sure to find in open .dbx file and dbx reader tool, simple yet versatile, to solve potential problems and stay in control of damaged dbx files in the safe folder.

vikki_coolzone Reply with quote

PostPosted: 12-23-2005 09:53 AM    Post subject: 0x800CCC0e - The connection to the server has failed
The usual cause of this error is a missing or damaged folders.dbx file. Either that or it is using a read only attribute.

1. Make sure that your email account is correctly configured and the server names are exactly correct.

2. Disable all firewalls and any other security software you have installed to determine if that is the problem.

3. If that helps, you will need to reconfigure your firewall to allow Outlook Express to operate properly.

4. If you are still getting this error message, try reinstalling TCP/IP. Show me how: XP ME 2K 98 95

5. At this point you may have to reinstall Outlook Express. Or use SquirrelMail.

VIKKI
DSL-SUPPORT

Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0E View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1