Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Windows Issues This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Error 678..unable to connect Two PCs at a time .. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

Madhu Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-04-2004 12:11 PM    Post subject: Error 678..unable to connect Two PCs at a time ..
Hi,

I have Windows XP and WIndows2000 connect to 5 port switch..and switch connected to DSL modem(speadstrream5100)...am able to connect from 1 PC at a time.
When i try to connect second PC also , it doesnt allow comes up with Error678...but it use to work previously a week back..am able to connect 2 pc's at a time..but now i cant..

thanks for help in advance..

.......Madhu

_TiN_ Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-04-2004 11:41 PM    Post subject:
Hi, this is Tin. I wanted to know if you're using wireless in one of your computers? If not, I believe you're a router, right? who's the manufacturer of the router? because maybe the router itself is the cause of your problem. maybe there is something wrong with the router.. Ihave here the contact number for the router's manufacturer
linksys-8003267114
gateway-8003691409
netgear-8886384327
kingston-8003373719

Madhu Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-19-2004 10:27 PM    Post subject:
Hi Tin,

thanks for your reply.. i dont have any wireless router...i have sbc provided DSL modem which is hooked to phone line...and switch connected to Sbc dsl modem..
connection follows..

phone line --> SBC Adsl modem(Speadstream5100 modem)-->5portSwitch--> 2 pc's

SBC is phone company..

I am able to connect from 2 pc's ..but now i cant..one PC has XP and other laptop has windows2000 Prof..

li-ann Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-22-2004 03:24 AM    Post subject: re: madhu
hi there madhu... so ur having problems with ur dsl connection with ur ss5100 modem right? maybe ur modem is not configured properly with the router. so just like tin's advice, i suggest u call up the technical support for ur router and ur modem... cause u need to know the root cause of the ur problem first... hope this would help u a little...

theevilhero Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-10-2005 08:37 AM    Post subject: Re: re: madhu
I thought it might have been a problem with the PPPoE conenciton at first but I googled the speedstream because i couldent remeber if it was UHP or not...It is UHP, but i also found that someone was having a problem with firmware only letting you connect with one computer at a time. id suggest either upgrading the firmware or try a router instead of a switch.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Chris Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-10-2005 11:28 AM    Post subject:
Unless one of your machines is doing DHCP and NAT, I would recommend getting a router that does both instead of using just a switch.

Good Luck Smile

I werk Here
-:[Chris]:-

Error 678..unable to connect Two PCs at a time .. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1