Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » DSL Support This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
General DSL support Q&A View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 5   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next   

chris6942 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:49 PM    Post subject: General DSL support Q&A
This is a slightly ambitious post, but since its what I do for a living anyway, hopefully we should be able to pull it off. This thread is basically for one purpose. You have an issue with your DSL service, regardless of what it is, and I try to help you fix it.

A couple of points.

For an answer, describe the situation as completely as possible. I'll need your Operating System, the number of computers being used, any third party routers, any other third party software in use, (firewalls, file sharing programs, security software, Anti-Virus, all of it) and anything else you think might be pertinent.

From there, I'll probably ask a few more questions, and try to describe how to fix it as completely as possible. Then anyone else who has the same issue will have access to the description for the specific fix. We'll see how this pans out.

Of course anyone else who has any suggestions or solutions is welcome to jump in as well. I'll see what I can do about jumping on at least 1-3 times a day to provide any answers. So here goes........

MoonRaider Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:52 PM    Post subject:
Someone can put this post Sticky Smile

U Can Find Me The Dark Side Of The Moon

dragontech Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-15-2005 04:42 PM    Post subject:
Sticky'ed! Smile

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:30 AM    Post subject:
This has been up the whole day, and not one nibble. Guess the fish aren't biting. Oh well, have to give everyone time to find it I guess.

MoonRaider Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:50 PM    Post subject:
Lets try to organise the forum Smile if they explain the situation correctly it could be easier to understand

U Can Find Me The Dark Side Of The Moon

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 03:13 PM    Post subject:
I'd have to agree, the better organized and explained something is, the easier it is to resolve. For those in tech support, (DSL Myself) I'm sure you've gotten the calls that start with "My DSL doesn't work", then head downhill from there. It works a lot better if they start with "My connection keeps dropping train (signal for the non-techies)", or I keep getting bounced email messages, or it keeps saying the connection is busy. You get the idea. Anyway, I'm off to browse the rest of these here forums, to see if anything interesting, or something I can answer pops up. I'll be around for a little while.

nosync Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03-17-2005 01:11 PM    Post subject:
It might be a good idea to get a sort of template together then, obviously not all fields would apply to certain problems, but it would help get the information needed upfront and stop speculation, or help heading down the wrong track.

Alot of the time information is left because it is thought to be irrelevent. This way you could get the necessary information needed to fix the problem on the first post.
Laughing

SuperJoker Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-02-2005 08:17 PM    Post subject: question
Sometimes that i am online my dsl connection just drop, and when i go to my modem's page (http://10.0.0.138) it says "Warning: Modem is down".....does anyone know a way to fix this, it happens allot. Plz help!

- I have a dsl alcatel speedtouch pro modem.
- I am using windows xp.

jamaica Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-03-2005 09:10 AM    Post subject:
1- where do u live
2- have u upgraded firmware recently?

newer DSL DSLAMs are incompatible with the old, un-patched SpeedTouch Pro and Home routers Wink

SuperJoker Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-03-2005 05:27 PM    Post subject:
I live in Aruba, a Island in the Carribean (for the ones who don't know)

Hmm, no i have never upgraded my firmware, do you think upgrading will help?

jamaica Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-04-2005 01:59 PM    Post subject:
if its correctly done it cant hurt Wink

btw have u reported the problem to your isp? the problem may be router faulty..

outbreak Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10-07-2005 11:21 PM    Post subject: Re: question
SuperJoker wrote:
Sometimes that i am online my dsl connection just drop, and when i go to my modem's page (http://10.0.0.138) it says "Warning: Modem is down".....does anyone know a way to fix this, it happens allot. Plz help!

- I am using windows xp.

Hmm now you say your modems page is: http://10.0.0.138 which is really impossible because thats a Router IP.

These are some of the more basic Router IPs.
192.168.x.x
10.0.x.x

if you just have a DSL MODEM do the following: Click Start ---> Click Run ---> Type in the Box: cmd ---> Hit Enter ---> type: ipconfig ---> look for your IP Addy it should be what was assigned to you by your ISP: X.X.X.X , X Being the numbers now if you have a router it will be either: 192.168.x.x , 10.0.x.x if it is one of these then please post the routers name if you have your ISPs IP then type that in your address bar and depending on the modem most logins are defaulted to:

UN: admin
PW: admin

or

NO USERNAME
PW: admin

or

UN: admin
NO PASSWORD

Try these to login if that dont work try the name of the MODEM.

and also check your NIC to see if it has the Energy Saver turned on if it is turn it off!

NIC(Netowork Interface Controller)---> Can be found under Device Manager in the Network adapter pull down just highlight your Ethernet Card and click properties and look to see if the Power saver/Energy Saver is on if it is remove the Check from its box click apply and then click ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

smooth&safe Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-25-2007 10:55 AM    Post subject: Re: question
SuperJoker wrote:

- I am using windows xp.

are yout using Lan cable? try to ping modem or ipconfig in command prompt. if theres no default gateway and cant ping modem, probably you're having modem trouble. call your isp provider for modem change

klmn173 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-14-2009 02:55 AM    Post subject: Wholesale Seven for All Mankind
Wholesale Seven for All Mankind,7 For All Mankind (often referred to simply as Seven or Seven Jeans) is a California-based designer jeans company founded by Michael Glasser, Peter Koral, and Jerome Dahan in 2000. The company is headquartered in Vernon, California.
7 for All Mankind began by designing women's jeans. It later introduced a men's jeans line in fall 2002, and its Children Denim Collection for boys and girls in fall 2005. In addition to jeans, 7 for All Mankind produces other clothing items such as skirts, shorts, and denim jackets. The brand is sold in over 80 countries including Western Europe, Canada, and Japan.wholesale seven jeans.

klmn173 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-22-2009 03:01 AM    Post subject: Wholesale Christian Dior
Wholesale Christian Dior,Christian Dior (France January 21, 1905 ?C October 23, 1957 Italy), was an influential French fashion designer. He was born in Granville, Manche, Normandy, France. Dior flagship boutiques are found in Paris, London, New York, Beverly Hills, Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Boston, Honolulu, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Milan.wholesale Christian Dior,dior clothing,Dior.

hijk541 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04-25-2009 11:16 PM    Post subject: discount Lacoste
discount Lacoste,This article is about the wholesale Lacoste clothing company. For other uses, see Lacoste (disambiguation).wholesale Lacoste clothing is a French apparel company founded in 1933 that sells high-end clothing, footwear, perfume, leather goods, watches, eyewear, and most famously, tennis shirts. The company can be recognized by its green crocodile logo.

ichatfilipina Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-06-2009 08:19 AM    Post subject:
sticky? really? what makes?

defg484 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06-28-2009 12:05 PM    Post subject: Ed hardy t-shirts
Find Clothing, Accessories & More. Buy Ed Hardy Clothing Fast.
Wholesale Ed hardy, edhardy t-shirts

mnop935 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-18-2009 08:00 AM    Post subject: ozshoes
http://www.ozshoes.com.au/
Nike Air Max TN
Nike Air force 1
Nike air max 90
Nike dunk sb

fghi629 Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07-20-2009 09:51 PM    Post subject: Good night, everybody
Good night, everybody.

General DSL support Q&A View previous topic :: View next topic