Registry Error Fix ModemHelp.Net Recommends: Click here to run a Free driver update scan

Forums.ModemHelp.Net 
     RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    
Forums.ModemHelp.Net Forum Index » Webmaster Announcements and Forum Discussion This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ModemHelp.Net needs YOU! View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1      

Webmaster Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-08-2006 01:06 PM    Post subject: ModemHelp.Net needs YOU!
I am looking for those who use Arcade. More specifically, I am looking for games that "suck". Any games that are very short demos, that are broken, games that you can't see anyone playing for more than a minute or two, games that might not be safe for work, etc.

Currently, ModemHelp.Net is experiencing some troubles RAM-wise due to the Arcade. I have 'mostly' curbed this issue with an upgrade from one gig of RAM to two gigs of RAM, but there is still some major slowdowns during times of peak usage. This is not as bad as it was previously (the whole site came to a standstill, and a few times the server needed rebooting), but it is still an issue. Due to this I am hoping to eliminate enough games to bring down the MySQL query sizes. Please post links to any games that you think "suck" and should be removed in response to this thread.

Your help would be greatly appreciated in this matter. I am also going to be looking into the possibility of hiring a programmer (on the cheap, IMO Arcade is starting to cost me a pretty penny) to try and optimize the queiries, but that may take some time. I am really hoping to avoid having to take Arcade down again.

Thanks,
Bradford Liedel
Webmaster - ModemHelp.Net

ModemHelp.Net needs YOU! View previous topic :: View next topic
 Page 1 of 1